3D Design & Building Information Modeling - BIM
Sun Mechanical has the largest, most experienced coordination and virtual design department in Southern Arizona. We are committed to leading our industry with the latest virtual design software which allows up to create accurate, detailed fabrication and assembly drawings in order to stay ahead of scheduled activities.
BIM (Building Information Modeling) is an integral part of Sun Mechanical’s preconstruction service. Our expert Virtual Design and Construction team uses software and robotics to save time and reduce cost.
- 2D Drafting – Delivering mechanical, plumbing, piping, instrumentation, and as-built drawings along with isometrics from sketches and ideas.
- 3D Modeling – Creating coordinated drawings in the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing disciplines, including hangers, fabrication, and constructible review plans. 3D coordination allows us to prefabricate a significant portion of work in a controlled environment. This enhances both quality and production – by making pieces ahead of schedule and storing them at our facility, they will be ready well before delivery to the site.
- Clash Detection – Identifying collisions within a model before construction begins is vital, as clashes can cause design changes, delays, and significant increases in budget.
- Constructability Analysis – Blending field professionals and CAD, we use 3D modeling to review systems for constructability and provide load calculations (hanger and trapeze hanger) and details as needed.
- Robotic Total Station – Bringing the latest technology to the construction site, robotic total stations provide near-perfect tolerances for supports and sleeves by using project site coordinates.